MeetRivers (.com)

My photo
Canada
Rivers Corbett, MBA is an award winning entrepreneur, speaker, and author of "13 Fears of Entrepreneurs" He has received numerous business honors including Entrepreneur of the Year, Canada's Hottest Start-ups List and Canada's Fastest Growing Companies list through Profit magazine and most recently recognized as one of Canada's 10 Mentor RockStars.. Rivers is presently a member of Startup Canada's National Advisory Council, founding entrepreneur of StartUP Fredericton & the "Entrepreneur in Residence" at the University of New Brunswick. His real joy and expertise is being a StartUP Advisor and "zagging while everyone else zigs"...like his two newest businesses ventures the Relish Gourmet Burgers restaurant chain and TheRockStar StartUP for StartUP entrepreneurs. Oh... he is also the leader of a team of over 25 chefs through his other company The Chef Group. Not bad for a guy who hates to cook. Always looking for a new idea to help businesses' succeed...this is his newest marketing discovery for StartUPs The Lyoness Advantage. "Rivers is a 21st century entrepreneur, he's the one to watch" - Jim Gilbert: Canada's Huggable Car Dealer!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

My First Lesson

So in yesterday's post I signed up for my internet marketing course, mind you this time, much more educated than the last time on the hazards along the way.

The company gave me a 30 day trial period for $29. As part of any marketing....suggestive selling is part of the upsell process and this company did not disappoint. In the signup process there were many opportunities for bonuses at great prices. And as annoying as that may seem...it is part of how to market on the internet.

The key difference between this time and other times I bought educational stuff I knew what would happen if I bought it...I would never read it, listen to it etc. And this is because I know myself. Plus..buying all this bonus stuff will give you great education but I also find it is a great excuse for not moving...getting going on building your business.

And on that note...I also know now what I am good at and not good at...techie set-up stuff is not my deal and this company has a great service for $139 to get me all ready. I figure my hourly time is worth much much more than that so I did take advantage of that service. Again..its knowing who you are and what your limitations are. So..as I write this I have the experts setting my internet marketing money machine up and I am focusing on my market plan...which I do have experience in...

It's cool so far and I do feel I am getting value for my now total initial investment of $29 plus $139 plus $10 for my autoresponder system. Total business startup cost = $178 USD...not a bad cost to get a foundation of business considering my restaurants costs easily over $100,000 each.

Happy Trails!
Rivers

No comments: