MeetRivers (.com)

My photo
Canada
Rivers Corbett, MBA is an award winning entrepreneur, speaker, and author of "13 Fears of Entrepreneurs" He has received numerous business honors including Entrepreneur of the Year, Canada's Hottest Start-ups List and Canada's Fastest Growing Companies list through Profit magazine and most recently recognized as one of Canada's 10 Mentor RockStars.. Rivers is presently a member of Startup Canada's National Advisory Council, founding entrepreneur of StartUP Fredericton & the "Entrepreneur in Residence" at the University of New Brunswick. His real joy and expertise is being a StartUP Advisor and "zagging while everyone else zigs"...like his two newest businesses ventures the Relish Gourmet Burgers restaurant chain and TheRockStar StartUP for StartUP entrepreneurs. Oh... he is also the leader of a team of over 25 chefs through his other company The Chef Group. Not bad for a guy who hates to cook. Always looking for a new idea to help businesses' succeed...this is his newest marketing discovery for StartUPs The Lyoness Advantage. "Rivers is a 21st century entrepreneur, he's the one to watch" - Jim Gilbert: Canada's Huggable Car Dealer!

Monday, November 29, 2010

Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?

You know what....I must admit I am not scared! Not scared at all and I think it's because I have finally crossed over to the other side.

I think I may be in the minority...I think. You see I should be scared or even worried abit but I am not! What I am talking about is the global uncertainty that has been wrecking havoc in our minds and our hearts over the past few years. I should be terrified..just like the media tells me to be but I am not.

Now don't get me wrong...I have been in some pretty crazy situations in my life which have knocked me off my feet. Right off my feet and into bed sometimes. Not very happy times. But in all fairness I have to admit those times were probably one of my best blessings. Now you are probably saying..."Is this guy off his rocker?" Well maybe but let me continue...

You see ..what I have learned in those journeys of ups and downs is what keeps me going is my faith in my dreams. I am a big dreamer ..a really big dreamer. And i NOW truly believe that our life's journey should be about having dreams..real dreams...that captivate our hearts and our minds and drive us to excitement each day no matter the circumstances in life.

But unfortunately, it's those circumstances in life that seem to always try to derail us from our dream's pursuit. It's those circumstances that always seem to give us excuses to stop our dreaming and get with reality. Well let me tell you...Reality stinks because it is driven by other's agendas...not our own.

So...in all this ranting what I want to encourage you to do is get back to focusing on your dreams in life. Even when things may be the darkest..the sun always...I mean always shines...when you are focusing on your dreams! It has to. Make them a part of your daily life and you will have a life full of great joy and fulfillment. I promise!


Rivers
Trail Blazin Startup Entrepreneur

Happy Trails
http://eStartup7.com


Here's an awesome quote by an incredible American to capture what I am trying to convey..

"We grow great by dreams. All big men are dreamers. They see things in the soft haze of a spring day or in the red fire of a long winter's evening. Some of us let these great dreams die, but others nourish and protect them; nurse them through bad days till they bring them to the sunshine and light, which comes always to those who sincerely hope that their dreams will come true."

Woodrow T. Wilson

No comments: