MeetRivers (.com)

My photo
Canada
Rivers Corbett, MBA is an award winning entrepreneur, speaker, and author of "13 Fears of Entrepreneurs" He has received numerous business honors including Entrepreneur of the Year, Canada's Hottest Start-ups List and Canada's Fastest Growing Companies list through Profit magazine and most recently recognized as one of Canada's 10 Mentor RockStars.. Rivers is presently a member of Startup Canada's National Advisory Council, founding entrepreneur of StartUP Fredericton & the "Entrepreneur in Residence" at the University of New Brunswick. His real joy and expertise is being a StartUP Advisor and "zagging while everyone else zigs"...like his two newest businesses ventures the Relish Gourmet Burgers restaurant chain and TheRockStar StartUP for StartUP entrepreneurs. Oh... he is also the leader of a team of over 25 chefs through his other company The Chef Group. Not bad for a guy who hates to cook. Always looking for a new idea to help businesses' succeed...this is his newest marketing discovery for StartUPs The Lyoness Advantage. "Rivers is a 21st century entrepreneur, he's the one to watch" - Jim Gilbert: Canada's Huggable Car Dealer!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Pow!! Right in the Kisser...

..well actually it was to the gut.

Today was one of those days. One of those days that I speak about has to happen when you are an entrepreneur. Yes....has to happen and will happen.

I have a great team I work with. We all understand our role and we all play them very well...99% of the time. A SuperBowl team being built.

And it was one of those team members that started the punch. "Hey Rivers...something is weird with our bank account." She was right...it was much lower than what I had expected and this week is payday week. Punch 1.

Punch 2 - I discovered this problem ...not my bookkeeper, who I had asked specifically last week...No surprises...I told him. Crack in the team!

Punch 3 - When I am trying to deal with financial issues...I need to be focused. That's just me. Of course today...lots of people were interrupting me...my bad for letting that happen.

Punch 4 - Go out to the car...battery is dead!

Punch punch punch punch....and as an entrepreneur, what do you do. Take a breath. As hard as it is to do that when you feel as if you are in quick sand that day...but that's just what you need to do when your gut is doing cart wheels...Breath! Breath!

And that's what I did. Cause I learned...there is always a way to deal with things. Always....if you will only breath. It was always that way...in the beginning I couldn't always breathe...I would panic...get anxious. It never helped.

But once I learned to breathe..practiced breathing, I started to relax and believe me ...when you are relaxed ...you move forward. Trust me...I know the difference.

Here's to your success!

Rivers

ps...all is great. Discovered the problem. There is $$ available...all good!

No comments: