MeetRivers (.com)

My photo
Canada
Rivers Corbett, MBA is an award winning entrepreneur, speaker, and author of "13 Fears of Entrepreneurs" He has received numerous business honors including Entrepreneur of the Year, Canada's Hottest Start-ups List and Canada's Fastest Growing Companies list through Profit magazine and most recently recognized as one of Canada's 10 Mentor RockStars.. Rivers is presently a member of Startup Canada's National Advisory Council, founding entrepreneur of StartUP Fredericton & the "Entrepreneur in Residence" at the University of New Brunswick. His real joy and expertise is being a StartUP Advisor and "zagging while everyone else zigs"...like his two newest businesses ventures the Relish Gourmet Burgers restaurant chain and TheRockStar StartUP for StartUP entrepreneurs. Oh... he is also the leader of a team of over 25 chefs through his other company The Chef Group. Not bad for a guy who hates to cook. Always looking for a new idea to help businesses' succeed...this is his newest marketing discovery for StartUPs The Lyoness Advantage. "Rivers is a 21st century entrepreneur, he's the one to watch" - Jim Gilbert: Canada's Huggable Car Dealer!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Do You Have What It Takes?

Here's the scenario..
I am on a new health focus that has certain tasks associated with it on a regular basis.
One of those tasks is to run twice per week ..40 minutes one time and 60 minutes the other.

Okay..its Tuesday night and I am sick..cough, cold, miserable. And I know I have not done my 40 minute run yet and I can't wait for the end of the week to do both of the runs back to back...well I can but I don't want to...

So..at 9:30 at night I get my running gear on after wrestling with my head about whether I do it or not..a real mind game I am having with myself. And as I am getting my running stuff on my wife says.."What are you doing? You are sick!!"

My answer..."I am discipling myself to do what needs to be done and do what others will not...that's the difference between successful people and those who are not achieving what they want."

And isn't that what is the difference between good businesses and great businesses? Doing what others won't?

So...off I go downstairs to go to my treadmill (mind you I have taken some good ole Buckleys to help ease the pain). I turn on the tv to watch the Montreal Canadians game while I am running and away I start on my treadmill.

Well here's what happened...once I got started...I actually found it quite easy. I was originally going to only go for 30 minutes but found myself doing 43 minutes (end of the hockey game)...way past my original goal by 3 minutes.

And..I felt great!! Great!!! My body felt good and my head was clear and I was proud of myself for my discipline...went to bed and had an amazing sleep.

I taught myself a lesson...Do what others won't do so I can have what others won't have.

Discipline is part of the puzzle for success.

What are your thoughts?

Rivers

Ps..and the bonus is my team..the Montreal Canadians won the game!! Woo hoo!!
reLiSH Life!

Rivers Corbett
~Entrepreneur ~

Join me and other Entrepreneurs in February
at The "virtual" Entrepreneurs Summit !
http://TheEntrepreneursSummit.com

Looking for an awesome franchise opp?
http://RelishMe.ca/franchise

1 comment:

Andre said...

That's really too bad...After all that achievement Montreal won...