MeetRivers (.com)

My photo
Canada
Rivers Corbett, MBA is an award winning entrepreneur, speaker, and author of "13 Fears of Entrepreneurs" He has received numerous business honors including Entrepreneur of the Year, Canada's Hottest Start-ups List and Canada's Fastest Growing Companies list through Profit magazine and most recently recognized as one of Canada's 10 Mentor RockStars.. Rivers is presently a member of Startup Canada's National Advisory Council, founding entrepreneur of StartUP Fredericton & the "Entrepreneur in Residence" at the University of New Brunswick. His real joy and expertise is being a StartUP Advisor and "zagging while everyone else zigs"...like his two newest businesses ventures the Relish Gourmet Burgers restaurant chain and TheRockStar StartUP for StartUP entrepreneurs. Oh... he is also the leader of a team of over 25 chefs through his other company The Chef Group. Not bad for a guy who hates to cook. Always looking for a new idea to help businesses' succeed...this is his newest marketing discovery for StartUPs The Lyoness Advantage. "Rivers is a 21st century entrepreneur, he's the one to watch" - Jim Gilbert: Canada's Huggable Car Dealer!

Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Gift of Me

Being an entrepreneur is a great gift...and in my world that's a gift from God to me.
You see I am a firm believer that God's gift to me is my talent and my gift to God is what I do with my talent.
I wasn't always an entrepreneur though..for years I worked in Corporate Canada and for the most part I loved it.I was leading a very comfortable life...$$, glamour, status. trips....it was a wonderful experience with wonderful people...except one!

And at the time I was going through hell with this one boss I never thought I would say this but he actually was a great help to me. He actually saved me..

Why?

He enabled me to rediscover who I was truly meant to be...what was my DNA..what was my gift. He forced me into such discomfort that I began my journey back to why I was born...and I want to thank him publicly for that now. Thanks for being a prick Mr. Jerk..because without you I might never have rediscovered my true calling and I would never be living the life of my dreams right now..my purpose...my gift.

So what is this all about...I want to encourage you to get out of your comfort zone. Take 30 days to really search if what you are doing is what you really think/feel you should be doing...living life with passion. Waking up on Mondays excited!! Being true to why you are here!

As my father loves to say...Life ain't no dress rehearsal.

Rivers
Here's to Your Success!

Rivers Corbett
President/Founder

My Blog: www.MeetRivers.com
Twitter: www.twitter.com/riverscorbett

No comments: