MeetRivers (.com)

My photo
Canada
Rivers Corbett, MBA is an award winning entrepreneur, speaker, and author of "13 Fears of Entrepreneurs" He has received numerous business honors including Entrepreneur of the Year, Canada's Hottest Start-ups List and Canada's Fastest Growing Companies list through Profit magazine and most recently recognized as one of Canada's 10 Mentor RockStars.. Rivers is presently a member of Startup Canada's National Advisory Council, founding entrepreneur of StartUP Fredericton & the "Entrepreneur in Residence" at the University of New Brunswick. His real joy and expertise is being a StartUP Advisor and "zagging while everyone else zigs"...like his two newest businesses ventures the Relish Gourmet Burgers restaurant chain and TheRockStar StartUP for StartUP entrepreneurs. Oh... he is also the leader of a team of over 25 chefs through his other company The Chef Group. Not bad for a guy who hates to cook. Always looking for a new idea to help businesses' succeed...this is his newest marketing discovery for StartUPs The Lyoness Advantage. "Rivers is a 21st century entrepreneur, he's the one to watch" - Jim Gilbert: Canada's Huggable Car Dealer!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Football and Burgers

I laugh at myself sometimes...well actually lots of times because I am funny :) See you are smiling aren't you?

In all seriousness what I was laughing about this past weekend as I watched the conference finals in NFL football was how much I know about some of the players in those games. Crazy stuff.

I know what one guy's wife looks like, how many years he has played in the NFL, who their brothers and sisters are, what their stats are, what they are known for in success and failure. It's incredible what I know about these people...and here's the wild thing..THEY don't have a clue who I am. If someone asked any of them, if they knew Rivers Corbett, they would all go Duh!!!!

Now to Burgers. I co-own a wonderful business called Relish Gourmet Burgers (www.RelishMe.ca). I have a great team..wonderful people who are so committed to our company. I mean ..these people work hard everyday and have smiles all the time. I soooo much appreciate them.

But here's the wild wild part
- I don't know the names of some their spouses/significant others
- I don't know when their birthday is
- I don't know what they like to do outside the workplace
- I don't know their dreams

I know more about Brett Favre and Peyton Manning...how goofy is that?

Here's to your success!!
Rivers

Seats are selling fast at the NB Entrepreneurs Summit!
www.TheEntrepreneursSummit.com

No comments: