MeetRivers (.com)

My photo
Canada
Rivers Corbett, MBA is an award winning entrepreneur, speaker, and author of "13 Fears of Entrepreneurs" He has received numerous business honors including Entrepreneur of the Year, Canada's Hottest Start-ups List and Canada's Fastest Growing Companies list through Profit magazine and most recently recognized as one of Canada's 10 Mentor RockStars.. Rivers is presently a member of Startup Canada's National Advisory Council, founding entrepreneur of StartUP Fredericton & the "Entrepreneur in Residence" at the University of New Brunswick. His real joy and expertise is being a StartUP Advisor and "zagging while everyone else zigs"...like his two newest businesses ventures the Relish Gourmet Burgers restaurant chain and TheRockStar StartUP for StartUP entrepreneurs. Oh... he is also the leader of a team of over 25 chefs through his other company The Chef Group. Not bad for a guy who hates to cook. Always looking for a new idea to help businesses' succeed...this is his newest marketing discovery for StartUPs The Lyoness Advantage. "Rivers is a 21st century entrepreneur, he's the one to watch" - Jim Gilbert: Canada's Huggable Car Dealer!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

As my Polish Professor Always Said..

Focus!! Focus!!! And he actually said it with a polish accent which always caught our attention.

His point though is bang-on!

As entrepreneurs we tend to be cursed with the shiny light syndrom. Chase this..that looks good..what's that?? And we lose focus..which slows down our growth.

Besides family..my entrepreneur focuses are food service and helping entrepreneurs. I don't focus on website development or selling vitamins...it's not my focus.

Now don't get me wrong. I used to do website development and sell vitamins and consult with vets (well actually not but you get my point). I did everything because I could but I got no where and wasted a lot of time.

Now..after many years...I know ...I have learned...and I am focusing. I have learned to deal with that twitch when its looking at a new opportunity. I have learned to say no.

It's great therapy just writing this :)

And guess what?? My focuses..the one I love so much...are growing at such an amazing rate..

My Polish professor would be proud!

Rivers

Ps...Join me and other entrepreneurs at the virtual Entrepreneurs Summit in Feb.
http://www.TheEntrepreneursSummit.com


reLiSH Life!

Rivers Corbett
~Entrepreneur ~

Join me and other Entrepreneurs in February
at The "virtual" Entrepreneurs Summit !
http://TheEntrepreneursSummit.com

Looking for an awesome franchise opp?
http://RelishMe.ca/franchise

No comments: